Thursday, January 31, 2013

Northern Star Nail Polish Review

Hello, hello, everyone. I have a brand new Indie maker to show you today. The lovely Kristin of Northern Star sent me 3 wonderful items to review. I received 2 polishes and a  cuticle oil. I am super excited to try these items out. These polishes are made by hand mixing raw ingredients such as lacquer suspension base, pigments, and glitters. It is 3-Free (no dibutyl phthalate, toluene, and formaldehyde), cruelty free. Always a plus !! You can buy Northern Star Polish at there Etsy store.  You an also like them on  Facebook.
 Up first is ...


Valentine Schmalentine
Thanks to Renee for modeling the polish !!

Valentine Schmalentine - for when you feel like taking a break from all the hearts, candy, cupids, and true love hype that takes over around February. Be your own valentine!

This polish has a light grey creamy base with black and pink shredded glitter mixed with tiny glitters in silver and pink. I used two coat for full opacity. Wonderful formula great application, great even distribution of glitters and no fishing needed. This is my first shreds polish and I love the effect. Great polish, highly recommended. The next polish I have up for review is ...



Lenore
Lenore is a mix of purple shredded and hex shaped glitters in black, purple, silver, and yellow in a clear base. As undies i used Superstar Nail polish in Soho Chic.  Ok so this is one of those polishes, when you glance at the bottle you do not expect what you see when you paint your nails. Holy Surprise this polish has shredded glitter like the previous polish. I love, love, love this polish. This is such a fun polish to have!
Lenore was inspired by Edgar Allan Poe The Raven.


Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.





I also got to sample the lovely Kiss Kiss cuticle oil. I love this smell its perfumed but not over baring, delicate floral smell. perfect for Valentines !! Made my cuticles feel better already.
I really love Northern Star product. Give them a try. Do any of you ladies have any Northern star polishes or products? I would love to know

Thanks for reading xoxo
Janet

2 comments: