Thursday, November 15, 2012

November nail art challenge day 5 Half-moons

Erica's nails and more Day 5 


 Yay it;s day 5 of the November nail art challenge and we have to do half-moons. I had never done this before so i saw a few videos. I think that my nails came out pretty decent for a first try LOL. I used different colors of OPI and Essie, my pointer finger  is OPI Italian love affair my middle finger  is OPI oh so glam, my thumb ismy  Opi mystery pink. (I am still trying to figure out what color is that exactly) My ring finger is Essie Action and my pinky finger is Camera. I then used a black shatter from  Maybelline carbon frost, of the shredded collection. I also trimmed the border line with kiss nail art silver glitter striper. What do you think ? Thanks for looking

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog, it's fun to read and see all the pics. I recently bought a set of 3 crackle polishes and I can't get them to work. Instead of crackling, they just kind of smear. Idk if it's something I'm doing wrong or if I just got some bad polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Aileen, When you are using your new crackle polishes are you wearing as base coat or are you nails naked ? Crackle polish only works on top of another polish, it can be a clear base coat, or any nail polish, but your nail cant be naked. What brand and colors did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your help. I put a silver polish on as the base coat, then the crackle polish, and then a clear top coat. The ones I bought look like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-Crackling-Nail-Polish-by-Almar-New-In-Box-/271115191460? except instead of a white one, it has a pretty teal one. They don't say a brand on the front, on the back it says "Almar". I only paid $6.99 for the set at T.J.Maxx so I guess I got what I paid for. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humm the only other thing I can think of is that the crackle layer has to be super thin for best results. If this does not work it might be some bad polish or just a really cheap brand. I have a few cheap crackles like $2 a bottle, pure ice brand from Walmart.

      Delete